Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hey Jude....


Tonight’s movie is most likely not as well known to people as the others I have discussed, but it is definitely one of my favorites. If you’re a Beatles fan you will love this movie. Across the Universe is a musical that involves some of the Beatle’s most popular hit songs. I know most people hear musical, and they run the other way, but do not knock this movie before you watch it. The songs (composition wise) are not exact copies of the Beatles originals, but believe me the music is phenomenal. It is only made better by the actors who sing them. Immediately after I watched this movie I downloaded the entire soundtrack off I tunes. From Hey Jude, to She’s So Heavy, every song on this soundtrack is awesome. I’m so busy jabbering about the music, I probably need to talk a little about the movie. The lead character is of course named Jude. A young man from England who goes to America to find his dad, and ends up getting a lot more than he bargained for. On his first day there he meets up with this Ivy League college student named Max which sets the stage for the rest of the movie. I’m not going to tell you the whole plot, but I will tell you this is a very thought out movie, and each song fits so well into its specific place in the movie without being corny. It may be just me, but I definitely love this movie. It’s hard to even count how many times I’ve actually watched it, and even just listened to the songs. I don’t know if it was purposely done, but there are two characters that remind me of Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix whose music I also love, and there is even a small cameo by Bono in the movie as well. At least just try to watch it once, and if you don’t like it you can totally say I told you so. Have a great night, and happy movie watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment