Monday, March 8, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates.....


Tell me you got the hint. One of my favorite movies, and also one of the greatest movies of all time is Forrest Gump. The lead character Forrest was played by Tom Hanks who was accompanied by a great cast. The movie received six Academy Awards including best picture. There is really nothing bad to say about this movie. It reels you in from the beginning, and takes you on this wonderful journey through key moments in our history. A few historic moments in the movie included Watergate, the desegregation of the University of Alabama, and the Vietnam War. The first time I watched this movie I laughed, cried, and felt a surge of sympathy for Forrest. He faced so many trials in his life because he was different, which a lot of people could definitely relate to. He was a very simple-minded person, but that is the thing that made him so great. We were able to watch him falling love with Jenny his childhood sweetheart, graduate college, go to war, play ping pong, and the list goes on and on. It was just an incredible movie, and if you don't think so you have not watched it. For all the people out there who indeed haven't watched it go out and rent it immediately. You will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I remember watching this movie when I was younger and not really understanding the major concepts of the movie. When I watch it now, I can really appreciate its worth! I agree that it is an amazing movie!

    ReplyDelete