Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"So helpless against what is coming."




I figured it would be a good idea to switch gears. My range of movie taste spreads throughout the whole spectrum. Even to horror movies. Actually scary movies are probably my favorite. I can not pinpoint what it is, maybe the rush of adrenaline a person gets from being scared. I don't know, I just know I like them. My movie for tonight is 30 Days of Night. This movie was directed by David Slade, and he did a mighty fine job of it. The movie was nominated for numerous awards, although it failed to cash any in. I would definitely not compare the Twilight vampires to the ones featured in this movie. The vampires featured in 30 Days of Night are ruthless, and definitely blood thirsty. Josh Hartnett plays the lead role of Sheriff Eben Oleson, and the movie is set in a small Alaskan town named Barrow. For one month out of every year this town plunges into an endless night. Which is perfect for the hungry vampires to reign terror on the town. Most people leave during this period, but the unfortunate few that are left behind experience an overwhelming amount of terror. My favorite aspect of this movie is that the vampires are so vicious. When I watch a vampire movie I think you should be scared, not fall in love with them like in the Twilight series. Don't get me wrong, I have read the books, and watched the movies. I agree the books were awesome, and the movies were o.k., but when I think of vampires I think of deadly, night loving creatures. Such as the ones that are featured in this movie. It also has the twists, and jumpy parts that no good scary movie can be without. Not only is 30 Days of Night a movie, but there are also books, and even a t.v. show. To all the scary movie lovers you must watch this movie. If you have already you most likely know where I'm coming from. If your a scaredy cat be sure and leave the lights on.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I think I'll have to pass on this one!! tee, hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge scary movie fan! It is actually kind of funny because I can't get my boyfriend to watch one. I can't say that I've watched this movie, but you do make it seem pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best movies ever, about time someone has style!!!!

    ReplyDelete